My Favourite Vegan Products to ensure you have a balanced diet
If you eat vegan/vegetarian you need to pay extra attention to what you're eating to ensure you're meeting all your nutritional needs. It can be easy to slack on protein and B vitamins. Below is a list of some of my favourite vegan products to help make sure you are eating a balanced diet. Of course you've always got whole foods such as nuts, legumes and whole grains to help as well.
What You'll Need
- Nutritional Yeast
- Missfits Vegan Protein
- The Primal Pantry Raw Paleo Bars
- Alpro Plant Based Yogurts
- Naturya Spirulina Powder
What You'll Do
- Nutritional Yeast is a great substitute for vegan cheese as it has a similar tangy flavour. I love mixing it into sautéed veggies for an extra boost of flavour and nutrition! It's a source of Vitamin B12, Riboflavin and other B Vitamins. It's also a great source of protein and it classified as complete as it contains all essential amino acids.
- Vegan protein powder is a great way to get more protein into your diet if you aren't getting enough from natural whole foods. It can be tricky to find one that is palatable, but Missfits does a great job. I even use it in recipes like my vegan protein balls!
- Vegan bars that aren't loaded with lots of sugar are a must have snack option. I keep a stash at work so I don't feel tempted to run out and get something unhealthy when I need an afternoon snack.
- Alpro yogurts are one of my favourite vegan products. They're affordable (much less expensive than other dairy free yogurts) and they have multiple varieties. Their snack size with fruits are good for snacking, the plain yogurt is a fantastic sour cream substitute, and the vanilla flavour makes a delicious yougurt fruit and nut bowl.
- Spirulina powder is handy to have as a smoothie mix in. It is the highest plant based source of Vitamin B12 and contains a fair amount of protein.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.