Breathing technique to soothe anxiety
Shortness of breath amplifies anxiety and the associated feelings and so mindfully returning to our breath can help us regain a balance. While breathing techniques vary this one has been easy to remember and activate when anxious feelings come.
What You'll Need
- Preferably a quiet, private space
What You'll Do
- Breathe into your diaphragm, not shallow “chest” breathing
- Inhale through the nose
- Exhale through the mouth
- Take longer to exhale than to inhale
- Slow down and reduce your breaths-per-minute)
- Practice until it becomes your natural breathing pattern.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.