How To Get Rid Of Heat Rash Naturally
Heat rash is a red or pink rash normally found on body areas that are covered by clothing. It can develop when the sweat ducts become blocked and swell and often leads to discomfort and itching. It is most common in babies, but does affect adults in hot, humid climates. I know because I have got it a lot! Most prickly heat rashes heal on their own. The following steps can help relieve symptoms.
What You'll Need
- Shady area
- Cool clothes
What You'll Do
- Remove or loosen clothing and move to a cool, shady spot.
- Let the skin air-dry instead of using towels.
- Avoid ointments or other lotions, because they can irritate the skin.
- To prevent future esposides of rash:
- Dress in as few clothes as possible during hot weather.
- Keep the skin cool and dry.
- Keep the sleeping area cool.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.