Self Care is Self Love
Two of the biggest things that people with fibromyalgia struggle with are sleep, or the lack thereof, and anxiety. There are many factors that contribute to these two challenges - and I will follow up with more tips I promise! - but let's start with a couple baby steps.
What You'll Need
- An accountability partner
- A mirror
- A notebook or journal
What You'll Do
- Begin each day by looking in your own eyes in the mirror and saying to yourself "I love you". This seems like a small thing but it can make a huge impact and it even helps on days where you don't fully believe it.
- At the end of each day challenge yourself to write down in your notebook or journal three things that you are grateful for. Ideally this will put you in a positive and relaxed frame of mind before sleeping. If you have trouble thinking of anything just lie down and close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Let your mind wander until it settles on a couple things you are grateful for and then write them down.
- On the days where it is impossible for you to do the above two things request that your accountability partner remind you that you are loved and loveable and have them ask you questions to remind you of things you are grateful for. Let them support you a bit.
- Offer the same support back to your accountability partner whether they have fibromyalgia or not.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.