Identify causes of bad breath/remedies to prevent it
Bad breath or halitosis may be caused by a number of reasons including poor oral hygiene dental decay, periodontal (gum) disease, Ear nose and throat infections, stomach or digestive problems. Through good oral hygiene practices, you can rule out the dental cause of bad breath.
What You'll Need
- -Soft/ medium bristle brush
- -Toothpaste of choice
- - Inter dental (tepe) brushes/ floss
- - Tongue scraper
- -1-teaspoon salt and 1 glass warm water
What You'll Do
- - 20 minutes after a meal rinse out with warm salty water to decrease the number of bacteria at the back you the mouth. Gargle with the salty water bringing it to the back of the throat for 2 minutes and then spit.
- - Brush your teeth for 2 minutes (time your self!). Brush right down to the gum margins.
- - Using either floss or an interdental brush, clean between all your teeth.
- - Using a tongue scraper clean the tongue. There are rough surfaces and indentations on your tongue, which can hide bacteria. The bacteria byproducts can produce an odor, which contributes to bad breath.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.