Mint Toothpaste to help with a burnt tongue
Applying toothpaste on a tongue burn is a really easy and such a simple remedy. I seem to have burnt my tongue a fair bit recently (never have the patience to wait until my coffee cools!) I found this remedy on the internet and it really does surprisingly help. The mint cools and soothes the burnt area, plus it may even leave your mouth feeling a little fresher! And the taste of the toothpaste helps distract from the pain.
What You'll Need
- Mint toothpaste (fluoride free)
What You'll Do
- Dab burnt area with a paper towel or some tissue to get rid of most of the moisture (very softly as the area will be sore)
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste all over the burnt area
- Try to keep the tongue out of the mouth so the toothpaste drys (so basically have you mouth open for as long as you can stand it, at least 10+ seconds)
- Wash toothpaste off tongue and rinse mouth with cold water
Tips & Warnings
- Remember, this is only for minor burnt tongue episodes! For more serious burns you should probably talk to your doctor.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.