White teeth; the exclusive domain of actresses and models? Not so today as increasingly people are opting for various chemical teeth whitening solutions, however, I there is a safer way to pearly whites with this ancient technique from India called Oil Pulling. This is hugely effective and once you get over the initial revulsion at having oil in your mouth that long and start to see and feel the benefits for yourself you will become a convert I promise! Not only does it help with white teeth but it also works as a powerful detox in the morning and helps with bad breath. In the Ayurvedic Texts they used Sesame Oil, however, you can use Coconut Oil as well if you prefer the taste. Its best to do this first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
What You'll Need
- Organic Sesame Oil or Coconut Oil
What You'll Do
- Step One: Take a tablespoon full of Sesame Oil or Coconut Oil
- Step Two: Swish around in your mouth for 5-20 minutes like mouthwash being careful not to swallow any of the oil as it will be full of toxins from your mouth
- Step Three: Spit out the oil in a dustbin rather than down the drain as oil can block drains
- Step Four: Have some warm water with some salt in it to wash your mouth out removing the last of the oil and spit out into a basin
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.