Gratitude is the attitude
No doubt you’ve heard this saying many times before, but I truly believe an attitude of gratitude can have a truly positive effect on your life. What is an attitude of gratitude? To me, it means creating and practicing new habits of expressing appreciation. This appreciation should be shown for all parts of your life and the privileges that you have, that often we take for granted. For example, have you ever thought of how lucky you are to have electricity, clean running water that not only comes out cold but hot from your taps? There are many ways you can build a practice of gratitude into your life but two ways I like to use are a gratitude diary and/or a gratitude jar. Here's how to use them below. Also, Here are some examples from my gratitude diary: Today I am grateful for: Fresh air in my lungs The ocean My supportive family My awesome friends My cute little nephew and his chubby cheeks The ability to help others through teaching Meditation The delicious Pho I just had! Hot sauce Epsom salt baths Crystals My positive outlook My blue eyes My friends and family Hot and cold running clean water in my taps Electricity Wifi!
What You'll Need
- Seriously vibey notepad
- or Jar and paper strips
What You'll Do
- How to cultivate an attitude of gratitude
- Gratitude diary: The first thing you will need if you are going to start a gratitude diary is a notebook. Anyone who knows me knows, I'm an absolute stationary fiend! I LOVE stationery. Go and pick a book that resonates with you, a book that you love the feel of the paper and the way it looks, that can be the first thing you are grateful for :-)
- Once you have chosen an awesome notebook and the perfect pen, you're ready to get started!
- All you need to do is this, before bed each night make a list of 10 things you are grateful for. That's it. Simple huh?!
- Gratitude Jar: Keeping a gratitude jar works in a similar way, however, this method may be better for you if you find it hard to do something like journal every day.
- With a gratitude jar, you can simply write down things you are grateful for onto slips of paper and then fold them and place then in the jar. The great thing about this method is you can see your jar filling up day by day, which will help increase feelings of positivity. Also when you're having a low day you can dip your hand in your jar and pull out one of your gratitude memories for an instant gratitude boost.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.