Change your life to avoid willpower struggles
Do you ever feel stuck in an endless battle between what you really really want to do and what you know you should do? Sometimes it's just too tempting to skip the gym and eat a slice of chocolate cake or to go on facebook when we're meant to be working. Avoid these struggles between temptation and willpower by removing the temptations. For example, arrange to meet a friend at the gym so you can't drop out, don't leave leftover chocolate cake on the kitchen counter (or ideally, don't buy it in the first place) and log out of facebook.
What You'll Need
- This will be different for everyone and every situation
What You'll Do
- Think of the times that you're most tempted to do something you know won't help you reach your long term goals
- Think of ways you could reduce the temptation and make it seem less enjoyable, or how you could remove it completely
- Take steps to remove and reduce the temptations so that you don't have to use your willpower to battle against the temptation anymore.
Tips & Warnings
- Sometimes it can be trial and error what will work to reduce or remove the temptation.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.