Magic Button for Reducing Anxiety
The acupuncture point called Heart 7 can be activated at home using acupressure to calm anxiety, stress, agitation, insomnia and restlessness. A child patient of mine calls this his magic button, and he presses it whenever he feels anxious at school!
What You'll Need
- Your hands; can use a blunt pencil, end of ball point pen, or a probe for stronger acupressure than just your finger
What You'll Do
- + turn your hand palm side up and go to the wrist crease
- + follow the little finger down to the wrist crease
- + feel for a little round bone at the base of the palm in this area, called the pisiform
- + roll your finger over the bone from the outside of the hand, towards the thumb, to the lower corner of the pisiform
- + this is the proximal, radial corner of the pisiform bone
- + there is a dip here, on the thumb-side of the tendon you can feel here
- + the tendon is called the flexor carpi ulnaris
- + press here to relax and calm - think of it as your magic button!
Tips & Warnings
- This point is safe for everyone and is not contraindicated in any conditions, including pregnancy.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.