Sage isn't just for Stuffing, Try it for Sore Throats
In Chinese Medicine, we differentiate between hot symptoms and cold symptoms so that you get the specific treatment you need to get well quickly. . . There are acupuncture points and remedies for your sore throat if it is hot, inflamed and feels like swallowing glass - what we term a wind-HEAT invasion. And there are also different acupuncture points or remedies if you have a sore throat that is more irritated and swollen, but less excruciatingly painful when swallowing - this is what we call a wind-COLD invasion. . . But what if you don't know whether you have a HOT cold or a COLD cold?! Well fear not, SAGE is brilliant for BOTH wind-heat AND wind-cold invasions... Reach for this wonder herb at home, whatever your sore throat feels like, for immediate relief, plus anti-bacterial properties!
What You'll Need
- Fresh sage leaves; boiling water
What You'll Do
- + rip up fresh sage leaves into small pieces to release the oils
- + pour boiling water over the leaves
- + leave to infuse for 3 minutes, until the water is green
- + if you have a scratchy, irritated throat and feel cold, drink this liquid HOT
- + if your sore throat feels HOT and like swallowing glass, allow it to cool before drinking
- + if you can't face drinking the liquid as a tea, then allow it to cool down and use as a gargle for your throat
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.