Meditate exercise to help your anxious feelings
My Rise & Shine Meditation is perfect for combatting anxiety and alleviating stress. Begin the meditation by sitting comfortably with your legs crossed on the floor. It better enables your journey through this meditation to begin if you close your eyes - although this is not entirely necessary if you do not want to do so. Your mouth should remain closed so that you are breathing through your nose. As you breathe, try to make an effort to do so slowly as you feel your body become still and your mind become calm. You will soon begin to notice that the only thing that is moving is the air that is coming in and out of your body via your nostrils. Breathe air in away from the world around you, and then give it back with every outward breath. In doing so, you will take the light from the world as you breathe in, and you will expel any negativity as you breathe out. As you continue to breathe in and out, visualising the light of the world coming in, and the darkness leaving your body, try to continue slowing your breathing. It is totally normal for your mind to wander to other thoughts, and when this happens you should forgive yourself for becoming distracted and return your full attention to your breathing once more. You will eventually reach a point where you feel that your breathing can’t become any slower, and at this point you should continue for a few more deep breaths in and out. It is then a great idea to open your eyes and read the following affirmations to yourself. After a certain amount of time you may remember them and be able to do so with your eyes still closed! Say the below affirmations. Once you have completed the affirmations you can once again return your focus to your breathing before exiting the meditation. When you work through this meditation you are likely to notice that you experience pleasant physical sensations, as well as a calming of the mind.
What You'll Need
- A quiet place
What You'll Do
- I am open to whatever the day has in store for me and will say yes as often as I can.
- I am a patient person and as my patience grows, so too does my self-confidence.
- I am not confined by my comfort zone; I can redefine my comfort zone.
- I do not need the approval of others to love myself unconditionally.
- I will show my body love with the food, water and exercise I nourish it with.
- I will give attention to every encounter, even is it is just a smile or my full attention.
- I will always communicate with positivity and not say negative things about others.