Abdominal Bellow Breathing Technique
Really effective way to reduce nerves before an exam, interview or any other nerve-racking event.
What You'll Need
- Just the lovely, wonderful you
What You'll Do
- 1 – Place one hand on chest and other on the belly
- 2 – Take a deep breath in through the nose, making sure the diaphragm (not the chest) inflates with enough air to create a stretch in the lungs (sticking diaphragm out almost as if pretending to be pregnant)
- 3 – Take 6-10 deep, slow breaths per minute for 10 minutes
- 4 – Repeat this daily for immediate reductions to heart rate and blood pressure, or on a one-off basis to reduce nervousness or anxiety
Tips & Warnings
- Really ensure the breathing comes from the diaphragm, not the chest
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.