Herbal teas for insomnia
Are there nights when you lie in bed, trying to count hundreds of sheep but not fallng asleep? Sometimes, if you have had an intense day and the mind doesn't stop, one thing I will do is make myself a warming cup of herbal tea.
What You'll Need
- Valerian Tea
- Nighty Night Tea
- Pukka Night Time Tea
- Raw Honey
What You'll Do
- Valerian Tea - This is a tea made from the roots and hops of the valerian plant. I buy the teabag version from Dr Stuarts. It has a very peculiar smell and might not be to everyone's taste. It really helps relax you, slows down the thoughts and get you to sleep faster. I always keep some of this tea around.
- Nighty Night Yogi Tea - This tea was bought for me by a friend and it smells very flowery. In the list of ingredients is passion flower which is meant to be a sleep enhancer. help calm and soothe you, which helps you get to sleep more easily. If you like, you can add some raw honey to sweeten this tea.
- Pukka Night Time Tea - This has lavender, oat flowers and lime flowers which soothes, relaxes and settles the mind.
- Raw Honey - I take one teaspoonful of raw honey. A friend recommended this tip to try as it helps you get to sleep and sleep deeper. Give it a go. Remember that you need to get raw unpasteurised honey.
Tips & Warnings
- Check with your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding juset in case any of these tees can be bad for the baby
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.