Breathing for Focus
This alternative breath practise can restore balance, ease the mind & body and bring us energetically back in alignment! It's a great way to hit the reset button for your mental state to increase focus and concentration levels.
What You'll Need
What You'll Do
- Sit comfortably, spine straight, rest left hand on lap and bring right hand to face make a peace sign. (We will be using thumb and ring finger)
- Close eyes, take a deep breath in & out nose
- 3. Close right nostril with right thumb, inhale through left nostril slowly and steadily
- 4. Pause as you close left nostril with right ring finger and open right nostril
- 5. Release breath slowly through right nostril, pause briefly at end of exhale.
- 6. Inhale through right nostril slowly and steadily.
- 7. Pause as You close right nostril with right thumb and open left nostril
- 8. Release breath slowly through left nostril
- 9. Repeat section 3-8 above for 5-10 cycles
Tips & Warnings
- Consistency helps so try match length of inhales, pauses and exhales (e.g. start count of 5 and increase as refine practise)
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.