Breathing for Focus
This alternative breath practise can restore balance, ease the mind & body and bring us energetically back in alignment! It's a great way to hit the reset button for your mental state to increase focus and concentration levels.
What You'll Need
What You'll Do
- Sit comfortably, spine straight, rest left hand on lap and bring right hand to face make a peace sign. (We will be using thumb and ring finger)
- Close eyes, take a deep breath in & out nose
- 3. Close right nostril with right thumb, inhale through left nostril slowly and steadily
- 4. Pause as you close left nostril with right ring finger and open right nostril
- 5. Release breath slowly through right nostril, pause briefly at end of exhale.
- 6. Inhale through right nostril slowly and steadily.
- 7. Pause as You close right nostril with right thumb and open left nostril
- 8. Release breath slowly through left nostril
- 9. Repeat section 3-8 above for 5-10 cycles
Tips & Warnings
- <p>Consistency helps so try match length of inhales, pauses and exhales (e.g. start count of 5 and increase as refine practise)</p>