How to Build & Maintain Energy & Avoid Exhaustion
The USA is a nation of sleep-deprived beings, with as many as 45% of adults falling asleep unintentionally during the day & 70 million Americans having some form of sleep disorder. We have massively disrupted our sleep cycles by the use of blue-light technology (phones, TVs, computers) which prevent Melatonin (natural sleep hormone) from being produced; eating our meals too late in the day (so we are kept awake by digestion) and worshipping at the alter of stress. Create a routine for sleeping - go to bed and wake up at the same time every day!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup of milk (add sweetener if using unsweetened nut milk), 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric, nutmeg, cinnamon & cardamom. Warm & drink
- Use a calendar to set your sleep & wake times & commit for at least a week
What You'll Do
- Eat your last meal 4 hours before bed & pacify your senses: dim lights, turn off technology, massage your feet
- Make & drink spiced milk at bed time
- Go to bed at the same time every day - by 10pm if possible (that's when your brain & liver go into detox mode - but only if you're asleep)
- Wake up at the same time every day
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.