Why Your Aliveness Depends On Your Ability To Love Yourself.
This is one of the major dichotomies of life, you have to give yourself love in order for you to be able to fully receive love from the world around you. Below are four reasons why self-love is so important to you and to every person you come across.
What You'll Need
- Bravery, an open mind and a sense of adventure.
What You'll Do
- 1. The word love has many meanings that can be individual and subjective depending on who is expressing it. But there are some similarities in the internal sensations of love, we experience freedom in our expression, a willingness to be vulnerable and to show ourselves exactly as we are, a sense of deep acceptance, belonging and embrace, an intrinsic sense of self worth, meaning we deserve to be where we are and who we are. Until we know these sensations intimately on the inside, they will be brushed away, trivialised and condensed when they are extended to us from the outside.
- 2. The only time we are genuine, authentic and real is when we are connected to our hearts. The heart is the most intelligent organ in the body, it is responsible for our nourishment, our rhythm, our vitality and our sustenance. It has also been proven by science that the heart is the most intuitive organ in the body, it reads what’s coming to us long before the mind and intellect has access. For these reasons the heart has been designated as the organ that produces love. If we cut ourselves off from our hearts and our self-love, we cut ourselves off from the ways that it feeds us physically, emotionally and energetically.
- 3. It is only when we love ourselves enough that we dare to give ourselves what we need and to care deeply for ourselves. Otherwise we marginalise our own yearnings and desires in favour of what the world wants from us, we deplete our own energy and we end up living a mere shadow of who we are rather than the fullness of who we are. Your world needs you to bring your full self to the table.
- 4. When we're not in tune with the love inside of us, we humans become defensive, reactive, highly intellectualised and closed minded. When we allow ourselves to feel the love within and radiate that into the world around us, we use the mind as it was intended to be used, which is as a tool to analyse and problem solve. We seek out the win/ win scenarios, we look for ways to create a bridge between opposing view points, we look for ways to openly embrace what is in front of us as it is, while creating opportunities for expansion, growth and understanding.
- 5. Self Love makes us a joy to be around, we exude a sense of warmth, lightness and vitality.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.