Liquorice Root Tea
Looking for a simple way to detox? My grandmother always told me to drink licorice root tea, as it is a detoxifying drink that helps to cleanse chemical contaminants from the body. Since she always told me about it I did some research and apparently it may also help to cut sugar cravings. So I guess that helps you detoxify in some ways as it stops you craving sugar.
What You'll Need
- Ground ginger
- Lemon juice
What You'll Do
- To make Liquorice Root Tea:
- Add one tablespoon of crushed liquorice and one teaspoon of ground ginger to a large mug of boiling water.
- Leave to simmer for 6-8 minutes
- Strain and stir in one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Drink once a week - it is not a drink you need every day (and too much can actually be harmful).
Tips & Warnings
- WARNING: Do not take liquorice root in excess as it may cause harmful side effects including increased blood pressure and sodium retention.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.