Calming Breathwork Wherever For Stress
When we are going through stressful events in the short or long term our breath is the tell tail sign. Just by having awareness of the breath we can acknowledge our state and slowly with no 'trying' or 'pushing' or 'doing' we can bring ourself into a calmer and more peaceful state. I find this breath a life saviour when on the move, so simple yet affective.
What You'll Need
- A quiet or uninterupped space - pop to the loo/your car/a space where no one can get to you
What You'll Do
- Sitting or standing (ideally with shoes off but this is not always practical) feel length from crown to the base of spine.
- Closing the eyes, start to bring awareness to the inhale and exhale entering and leaving the nose
- Start to watch the inhale - the beginning, the middle and the end
- After a few breaths, start to also watch the exhale - the beginning, the middle and the end
- After a few breaths, start to add in noticing the pause at the top of the inhale and the pause at the bottom of the exhale
- After completing ten rounds seamlessly, let the breath go, returning to a normal breath. Slowly crack the eye open focusing at one point, slowly letting the room come into view.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.