How to prevent toothache
Toothache is cause by many different problems such as decay, tooth grinding and infected gums. There are lots of different ways you can prevent tootache. Here are my top five tips.
What You'll Need
- Regular check-ups with your dentist
What You'll Do
- Brush regularly with a flouride-containing toothpaste at least twice a day
- Visit the dentist on a regular basis will help you keep in check your oral care and avoid tooth diseases.
- Eat a healthy diet and reduce the intake of sugary foods you have daily. Tooth decay is caused by bacteria using sugar from foods and drinks to produce acids that dissolve and damage the teeth.
- I would recommend flossing regularly to avoid pieces of food to remain stuck in between teeth. This food is broken down by bacteria and it's this bacteria which can cause more decay of the tooth.
- Avoid drinking acidic drinks. Over consuming these drinks can cause the erosion of the enamel that protects your teeth.
Report this health tip as inappropriateGood Zing does not review third-party tips for the accuracy of any kind, including health or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendations. All tips are submitted by users and should in no way be substituted for professional or medical advice. Good Zing does not provide health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or prescription recommendations.